4th April 2016
The following document comprises the Privacy Statement (“Statement”) of Binumi Agency (Hong Kong) Limited (“Binumi”, “we”, “us” or “our”)which sets out our policy for how we deal with subscriber and user data. In providing our Service we are necessarily dealing with private information and in this Statement we set out the types of subscriber and user information we collect, how and when this is done, how we may use this information, who we may share it with and the steps we take to ensure data belonging to, or relating to, our subscribers and our users is safeguarded.
- At Binumi, as a fundamental guiding principle, we respect the privacy of your data and take your privacy rights very seriously. This Statement explains, in simple terms, how we collect and use subscriber and user data as part of our Service. This Statement is specific to subscriber and user data and is distinct from the way we protect the privacy of casual visitors to our website who may not be users of our Service.
- The data we collect and use is limited to the purpose for which our subscribers expressly subscribe to our Service and for the limited other purposes specified in this Statement.
- Our objective in collection of data is focused on servicing our subscribers' and our users’ requirements and in providing them with the benefits associated with the Service we provide.
- This Statement is incorporated into and comprises part of the Standard Terms and Conditions for use of our Service which can be accessed on this website (Our Website).
- All capitalised expressions used in this Statement and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Standard Terms and Conditions for use of our Service.
2. Data Collection
In providing our Service we collect and retain certain information about our subscribers and the other users of our Service. This information can be categorised in one of two ways:
- Personally identifiable Information about our subscribers (Your Data)This means any information about our subscribers and our users from which they may be personally identified including their name, address, email address, telephone number, profession, credit card details and any other information which may be disclosed to us through use of our Service.
- Non-personally identifiable informationThis means information about subscribers and others users of our Service of a non identifiable nature collected by internet technologies we use to track delivery and improve the effectiveness of our Service.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information with the exception of that which is volunteered by subscribers and users in order to deliver our Service. For example we will request an email address in order to respond to support requests or to communicate with you.
3. How Do We Collect Data
- Session cookies: these store transient data, specifically a session-ID that the server will use to distinguish the user’s browser from the browsers of other users. Session cookies will disappear from a user's computer when he closes his web browser or turns off his computer.
- ‘Remember Me’ cookies: from time-to-time we use 3rd parties providing analytic services to ask users whether they would like to be remembered next time they visit our website to use our Service. If the user agrees a cookie will be written to that user's browser, simply containing his email address. 'Remember Me' cookies remain on a user's computer after the user closes his web browser or turn off his computer.
- To identify your computer when you visit the website
- To save user preferences such as interface language
- To collect and analyse session information including duration of session, pages accessed, user location, page loading speed, search terms, page errors, returning and new users, browser preference, operating system, downloads, and referral sources
4. When Do We Collect Your Data
We collect Your Data from you when you
- register to use our Service
- when you post material on our Service
- when you register to participate in seminars, tutorials, or competitions available via our Service;
- make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us; or
- otherwise disclose Your Data to us through our Service or otherwise at any time.
5. How Do We Use You Data
We use Your Data to:
- help us provide our Service;
- process and complete subscriptions including the administration of payments which you make via our Website;
- confirm and investigate any transactions or transfers of monies that may occur in respect of any subscription you make;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you;
- monitor, develop, run, provide and improve the Service;
- ensure the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- notify you about changes to the Service;
- (in accordance with your preferences) send you information by email about the Service;
- (in accordance with your marketing preferences), pass Your Data to third parties for marketing purposes if you have authorised us to do so.
You can change your mind and choose to receive or not to receive communications from us or any third party who you consented may contact you at any time by using the relevant unsubscribe link which we include in each email or by sending us an email – see “How to Contact Us” below
We will not keep Your Data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes of providing our Service.
6. Will We Share Your Information With Third Parties?
We will never sell or pass on Your Data to third parties for marketing or any other purposes without your consent.
We only pass on Your Data to third parties as follows:
- we may pass Your Data to our employees, agents, subcontractors and partner organisations to help operate our Service, take payments and provide relevant information to you;
- Your Data may be transferred to a successor company or other organisation in the event of a sale of our business or in the event we are placed into administration (but you will be notified and offered the chance to unsubscribe if this occurs);
- in some cases we may use a technical partner to conduct some processing of Your Data on our behalf, but this will always be subject to strict contractual control and in compliance with relevant data protection legislation;
- if, and only if, you have given your consent for such purpose, we may pass Your Data to third parties so that they can send you information about services and information which may be of interest to you; and
In addition, some general statistical information about our user base may be passed on to reputable third parties for research purposes but these details will never include information personally identifying you.
If you post any information, including any of Your Data, on the public wall within the Binumi Service, this will be generally available to all users of the Binumi Service. If you do not want any of Your Data or any other information to be passed on to third parties you should not post this on the public wall and Binumi shall have no liability to you to the extent you post any information on the public wall and this information is passed on to third parties by any other user.
You can change your mind about the passing of Your Data to third parties at any time by updating your marketing preferences – see “Your Rights and How to Contact” us below.
7. How Do We Protect Your Information?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect Your Data. All the data collected by us is and will at all times be stored on a secure server. Your browser will encrypt all sensitive information (including payment details) which you input before it is sent to us. It is, however, an inescapable fact that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received Your Data, we will, however, use strict procedures and security features to try to minimise the likelihood of any unauthorised access.
Please be aware that our Service contains links to other websites which may be accessed by you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, content or security of those other websites should you utilise any of these links.
We do not store any credit card numbers entered into our website or payment systems.
Your Rights And How To Contact Us
You have the right to request a copy of Your Data at any time. We may make a small charge for this.
You have the right to ask us not to use Your Data for marketing purposes.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are Binumi Agency (Hong Kong) Limited, a company registered in Hong Kong with company number 640440). Our registered address is at Room 2103, Futura Plaza, 111 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong.