Canva is the go-to graphic design tool for many amateur and some professional designers. Since its conception, it inspired other companies to develop similar (or better) products, so now you can choose from numerous free, premium, or paid tools to create and edit beautiful designs and videos for work, school, side projects, or fun.
The great thing about this variety is that you can narrow down your best picks or use all of them at different times, depending on which tool and feature best suits your needs at the time.
The tricky thing with this variety is that you may spend a lot of time getting to know the tools’ advantages and weak spots. But that’s why we’re here.
We’ve picked nine best-performing Canva alternatives at the moment, and we’ll outline their qualities and drawbacks, most important features, and the best way to use them. That way you can skip the tools that don’t sound relevant for your project. Let’s jump right in!
9 Canva Alternatives: Pros and Cons
Adobe is the gold standard when it comes to graphic design. It also comes at a cost if you need robust tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, but the more affordable Creative Cloud Express offers plenty of features for marketers and other business professionals.
- Available on the web and mobile platforms
- Smooth user experience
- The premium plan is $9.99 per month
- Millions of royalty-free photos, thousands of fonts and assets, and many premium templates and designs
- An option to include your logo and branding on every design
- Excellent resize tool
- Many format conversion options (e.g. video to GIF)
- The free plan comes with core features, including background removal
- All designs in the free plan have the company watermark
- No video creation options
Visme is a strong Canva competitor, beating it in several features including team collaboration and creating charts and maps.
- Enables the creation of interactive designs and short video clips
- Thousands of professional-looking templates, photos, icons, some widgets and charts
- All templates are customizable
- Great at creating infographics, charts, social media images
- Includes short video and animation creation tools
- Great team collaboration options like commenting, making annotations, folder permissions, etc.
- Comes with an analytics tool for monitoring important metrics
- A limited free plan for occasional users
- The free plan comes with Visme branding on designs
- The full-feature plan costs $24.75 per month, billed yearly
- It has a bit of a learning curve because it comes with so many features
Launched in 2014, Binumi has slowly been developing into a highly competitive, polished video creation software. Touted as a “video creation platform for everyone,” it aims to enable novice and expert designers alike to make smooth, professional-grade videos. Binumi beats Canva in the video creation department on all counts.
- Very intuitive and user-friendly drag-and-drop editor
- Millions of premium, ready-to-use video templates
- Download and sharing options in multiple formats including vertical and GIF
- Users can upload their branding (logos, graphics, fonts)
- Allows users to set up their watermark on the videos
- Excellent audio tools
- Multiple collaboration tools, including comments on work-in-progress
- Analytics tracking
- Available as a web tool and mobile app
- Unlimited video creation plans start at $9 per month
- The free plan has limited options
VistaCreate (formerly Crello)
VistaCreate is a popular Canva alternative because it’s very similar to Canva visually, catering to novice users with its intuitive interface and attracting professional designers with a wide range of free graphics. The main feature that sets VistaCreate apart is animation. Unlike Canva, it allows users to create engaging animations without prior technical experience.
- 50,000+ customizable design templates
- Extensive image library
- Quick template search bar
- Decent photo editing features including blurring, rotating, and cropping images
- Audio tools for adding music to designs and videos
- Instant background removal option
- Enables adding frames and speech bubbles to photos
- Beautiful photo filters
- Supports 40 different content formats
- The free plan includes watermarks on all designs and has limited features
- Animation Maker is available only to paid subscribers
PicMonkey has a long standing among the best affordable photo editing tools.
- Web and mobile app
- Designs collages, banners, business cards, event invites
- Enables adding vectors, graphics, texts, fonts
- Excellent photo editing capabilities including adding filters, light and color adjustment, adding fun effects
- One-click background remover
- Resizing tool for different social media platform requirements
- High image quality
- Unlimited plans start at $12.99 per month
- Not suitable for designing web and social media graphics from scratch
Stencil enables users to make visually appealing graphics mostly for social media and marketing purposes. It’s a lightweight Canva alternative.
- Sleek, user-friendly interface
- Large template library
- Huge royalty-free image library
- Over 3 million icons to choose from
- A unique library of over 100,000 inspirational quotes for use in social media graphics
- Many browser extensions for capturing text and images to include in the design
- Instant image-sharing options on popular social media platforms
- Free monthly plan (with limited options)
- Up to 50 saved images per month with paid subscription
- No video or animation features
This is a perfect Canva alternative for complete beginners. Everyone can make stunning designs with Desygner.
- Web and mobile-friendly
- Thousands of professional, customizable design templates
- Thousands of free stock images
- Ability to upload unique branding (logo, font, images)
- Supports custom dimensions for each project
- Background remover
- Includes sleek PDF conversion features
- Animation options
- Free plan
- Few options with the free plan
- No team collaboration options
Venngage is a great choice for marketing professionals who often make presentations, infographics, reports, data charts, and all sorts of data visualizations. It beats Canva in this category.
- A huge design template library including flyers, posters, banners, ebooks, coupons, brochures, resumes, invitations, logos, newsletters, business plans, etc.
- Wide collection of data visualization, report, diagram, presentation, timeline, and infographics templates
- New templates added every week
- Free plan
- Very few options with the free plan
- Paid plans start at $16 per month
- Limited options for social medial design
- No video or animation options
If you need brand-oriented designs, Easil is a great tool to try. It is focused on helping brands create unique designs to stand out from the competition. It’s packed with high-quality, professional templates and millions of stock images.
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor
- Clean, fresh, professionally-designed templates
- Wide range of design and text effects, such as adding a text shadow, metallic or glitter text, etc.
- Amazing color palette generator
- Text and animation graphics
- GIF maker
- Background removal option
- Unlimited pages per design (great for ebooks)
- Team collaboration features, including permissions for approving, eding, and removing design elements
- The free plan includes 30 days of free “Plus” trial
- Paid plans start at $7.50 per month
- Very few features with the free plan
- No chart and map features
- Browser-based application, no mobile app
Canva is undoubtedly a major player among design and video creation software tools, and you should use its amazing potential. However, check out other available tools that fill Canva’s gaps, so you can start making stunning projects that will help you rise above the competition.